Construction Areas: Big Trucks. Big Danger.
When it comes to construction areas, the old adage “better safe than sorry” could not be more true. If your elementary school is in or near a construction zone, we would love to come and give our “Think Safety” assembly to your students. In this fun and interactive assembly, we teach the kids how to be safe around construction with a rousing relay race. UDOT reminds all motorists, residents, businesses and students to remember the safety rules in construction zones:
- Don’t play in or around construction zones
- Orange means construction
- Never go beyond the safety fences or construction cones
- Don’t touch or play on construction equipment and don’t follow construction trucks
- Cross only at designated areas: look left, look right and then look left again
- Use designated detour routes
- Stay safe around trucks: if you can’t see the driver’s face, they can’t see you
- Always obey all flaggers and construction signs
With big trucks comes big danger. Be truck smart, especially around construction. Often a truck driver won’t be able to see what’s immediately around his truck, so be alert and be careful. Fill out the form below if you would like us to come to your school.