- Walk or bike to school OR if you are participating in school online, walk or bike for at least 20 minutes outside.* Each time you walk or bike to school (or for at least 20 minutes outside) you’ll be entered for an additional chance to win a sweet prize.**
- Use the progress chart to track the days you walk or bike to school.
- Submit your progress online by the end of the month.
SUBMISSIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED ONLINE. PLEASE USE THE FORM BELOW.
*On days students walk or roll to school, they are not eligible to submit progress for home activities – one entry per student, per day.
Chance to Win Sweet Prizes Each Month
Benefits of Walking or Biking to School?
Enter the Walk N Roll Monthly Challenge
Submit your progress during the last week of every month to qualify for sweet prizes.
Only one submission per child each month is necessary. Winners will be notified by phone or email the first week of every month.
There’s safety in numbers:
Start a walking group in your neighborhood
It’s like a carpool without the car. Coordinate times when the group will walk past each student’s house for pickup. Rotate parents who can walk with the group.
How to Get Your School Involved
Get the message out to staff, students and parents
The hard work is already done. These pre-created tools can be easily accessed or downloaded to help schools and students walk and bike more to win big.
Walk & Roll Challenge Materials
School Social Media Kit
Partner Social Media Kit
Follow up with parents and students
Remind participants to send in progress reports online by the end of the month to be eligible for prizes.
Provide encouragement and reminders to track involvement on the students’ progress reports.
Praise students who participate in the challenge
Winners will be contacted by phone or email.
- The monthly Walk & Roll Challenge is officially considered by definition of the law as a sweepstakes, with winners drawn weekly at random from eligible participants.
- Winners will only be selected if located in the state of Utah.
- The challenge runs for nine months, from September-May every school year, with winners being drawn monthly.
- The odds of winning are determined by how many days are submitted that a student walks or rides their bike to school that month. Total entries per month may not exceed the amount of days a child is in school.
- Once chosen, the parent of the winner will be emailed to confirm the child’s age for appropriate helmet size and to confirm delivery details of scooter or bike and helmet.
- Winners receive either a scooter or bike, and a helmet. Specific scooter or bike to be chosen at will, given the supply, by Safe Routes.